Saturday, January 1, 2011

Taking a Deep Breath....

This is it.... I'm gonna do it!!!
This year I'm going to put in my application to test for the fire department.
I know, some of you are saying, "Ok, what's the big deal... ?"

Let me tell you my story:
A long, long time ago, (yes, it really was a long time ago) when I was young and deciding what I wanted to do in life...
I decided that all I wanted, was to be a firefighter - a career firefighter.
I was on a volunteer fire department, and I had a goal, a dream, and that was to be a paid firefighter someday.

Things don't always work out the way a young dreamer thinks they will.  My life took a turn in a different direction. 
A good turn, but still a turn.  I became a wife and a mother.  :)
My initial goals and dreams were put on hold as I created different goals and dreams for my family.

But, now.... I'm gonna do it!! 
I have a long road in front of me... The odds are against me. 
I'm a female, I'm out of shape, I'm overweight, and I'm 42 years old. 
Oops... did I tell you how old I was?? 
Well, keep a mental note of that if you want, because I will probably never mention my age again.  ;-)

This is it! 
I'm gonna get in shape, lose some weight, forget about my age, and go through the application process.
The testing will be around Sept-Oct of 2011.
If I don't pass, I will have at least tried. 
I've got to try.... I've got to give my dream a chance.

Follow me as I find the Strength to Persist ~ Courage to Endure

1 comment:

  1. Kim, This sounds great. You can do it! :)

    ReplyDelete